Mailing List Archive

GRE Performance
Anyone seen a list of GRE performance ie.

2651 - 20kpps GRE
7200-NPE400- 100kpps GRE

Trying to spec a selection of boxes for GRE termination
and I can not find anything on CCO.

Regards,
Kevin

---------
Kevin Gannon Phone: +353-1-4093030
NOC Manager
LAN Comms

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the
presence of computer viruses.

For more information contact postmaster@lancomms.ie

phone + 353 1 4093000

fax + 353 1 4093001
Re: GRE Performance [ In reply to ]
> Anyone seen a list of GRE performance ie.

> 2651 - 20kpps GRE
> 7200-NPE400- 100kpps GRE

> Trying to spec a selection of boxes for GRE termination
> and I can not find anything on CCO.

> Regards,
> Kevin

I don't know that we have any customer-visible numbers, but
a good rule of thumb is to look at the numbers given at
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf
and divide by 2 for GRE pps (assuming 64B packets, no other features
turned on, 20mph tailwind, etc.)

Cheers,

Aaron