Mailing List Archive

Cisco3640 tftpdnld problem
Dear All,

I have problem with Cisco 3640' flash. The router cannot load the image file from the flash. Now I have new flash, but it does not have any IOS on it. I would like to copy the IOS from my TFTP server to the new flash. From the document, this can be done by using "tftpdnld" command on ROMMON. However, there is no that command on the rommon prompt. It has only the following command:

boot boot up an external process
break set/show/clear the breakpoint
confreg configuration register utility
cont continue executing a downloaded image
context display the context of a loaded image
cookie display contents of cookie PROM in hex
dev list the device table
dir list files in file system
dis disassemble instruction stream
dnld serial download a program module
frame print out a selected stack frame
help monitor builtin command help
history monitor command history
meminfo main memory information
repeat repeat a monitor command
reset system reset
set display the monitor variables
stack produce a stack trace
sync write monitor environment to NVRAM
sysret print out info from last system return
unalias unset an alias
unset unset a monitor variable
xmodem x/ymodem image download
rommon 3 >

Please suggest how can I copy the IOS into the new flash.

Regards,
Souphonh
Re: Cisco3640 tftpdnld problem [ In reply to ]
1/ Use set command to set speed of consoleport to 115200
2/ Use Xmodem download (minicom etc.)

/radar