Mailing List Archive

mlppp over ATM?
I have a customer who wants to do MLPPP over frame-relay which gets
delivered to us as PVCs on an ATM DS3. In looking into whether or not
this is a supported feature (FN was't much help...it's a 3640 with 12.2
mainline IOS), I found that it appears it may be...but the suggested
config is to use a virtual-template

int atm...
pvc ...
proto ppp virtual-template...

Then put the virtual-template into a multilink group. Assuming this
works, it seems the limited number of supported virtual-template
interfaces would severly limit the number of customers we could do this
with.

What's the minimum IOS version to get MLPPP over frame-relay on the
customer end? IIRC, they're using an 18xx router.

Jon Lewis | I route
Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
Atlantic Net |