pool-range 1/2/0-1/2/3
called-number 5551212 max-speed any min-speed any

modem-pool default
pool-range 1/2/4-1/11/143

Thanks,

Dave

**DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. The contents do not represent the opinion of D&E except to the extent that it relates to their official business.
Re: AS5400 Config - modem-pool [ In reply to ]
Dave,

On our newer NextPort-based platforms (AS5350, AS5400, AS5850),
you would use Resource Pool Manager (RPM), which is a functional
superset of the old modem pooling feature.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/dialns_c/dnsprt5/dcdrpm.htm

Regards,

Aaron

---

RE: AS5400 Config - modem-pool [ In reply to ]
OK. I thought that may be the case and had already read thru the
documentation which you gave the link to below. Even after reviewing
that doc, I'm still a little unclear as to how to accomplish exactly
what I need.

Would you or anybody like to take a shot at providing the config
replacement to the 5800 config lines I noted in my original email? It
appears as though the RPM replacement is more complicated.

RE: AS5400 Config - modem-pool [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Lechlitner, David R wrote:

> OK. I thought that may be the case and had already read thru the
> documentation which you gave the link to below. Even after reviewing
> that doc, I'm still a little unclear as to how to accomplish exactly
> what I need.
>
> Would you or anybody like to take a shot at providing the config
> replacement to the 5800 config lines I noted in my original email? It
> appears as though the RPM replacement is more complicated.

havent used rpm in years (after some crazy years with rpms), but if mem
serves correctly would be in the line of:

!
resource-pool enable
!
resource-pool profile customer test
limit base-size all
limit overflow-size 0
dnis group speedfreaks
!
dialer dnis group speedfreaks
number 5554567
number 5551234
!

you can setup your profile according to your needs, quick look at your
config you might wanna look at the following to help you start...

cas2-rba(config)#dialer dnis group speedfreaks
cas2-rba(config-dnis-group)#?
Dialer DNIS Configuration Commands:
call-type set call-type override
default Set a command to its defaults
exit Exit from dialer configuration mode
help Description of the interactive help system
no Negate a command or set its defaults
number Enter number in DNIS group
range Enter a range of numbers in DNIS group

cas2(config-customer-profile)#?
Customer Profile Configuration Commands:
default Set a command to its defaults
dnis Assign DNIS group with this profile
exit Exit from resource-manager configuration mode
help Description of the interactive help system
limit Configure limits for the profile
no Negate a command or set its defaults
resource Assign resource and supported call-type
source Assign Template with this profile
vpdn Assign VPDN group/profile with this profile

cas2-rba(config)#resource-pool call treatment discriminator ?
busy Send busy code when discriminator rejects clid/dnis
channel-not-available Send channel not available code when discriminator rejects clid/dnis
no-answer Don't answer when discriminator rejects clid/dnis

cas2-rba(config)#resource-pool profile service test
cas2-(config-service-profile)#?
Service Profile Configuration Commands:
default Set a command to its defaults
exit Exit from resource-manager configuration mode
help Description of the interactive help system
modem Configure modem service parameters
no Negate a command or set its defaults

cas2-rba(config)#resource-pool group resource test
cas2-r(config-resource-group)#?
Resource Group Configuration Commands:
default Set a command to its defaults
exit Exit from resource-manager configuration mode
help Description of the interactive help system
no Negate a command or set its defaults
pool-alloc Resource pool allocation algorithm
range Configure range for resource

cas2-r(config-resource-group)#pool-alloc ?
round-robin Round Robin
spread Spread across all devices

cas2-r(config-resource-group)#range port ?
<0-755> First Modem TTY Number
<slot/port> First Slot/Port for Internal Modems

hth, if not cisco.com is your friend :)

j.