accross similar situation and could tell me what values I should use for
VPI/VCI and cell rates ?

Andris
Re: Siemens ADSL modem - default settings [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 03:12:35PM +0300, Andris Zarins wrote:
> I'm trying to connect Siemens Xpress-link ADSL modem to DSLAM.

Hmmm. Is this a Cisco DSLAM?

gert
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025 gert@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
RE: Siemens ADSL modem - default settings [ In reply to ]
Nop, Ericsson's . I believe DSLAM is OK, because other customers are
working fine (with Ericsson DSL modems). But I'd like to connect a
Siemens modem to it.

Andris

Re: Siemens ADSL modem - default settings [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 03:19:32PM +0300, Andris Zarins wrote:
> Nop, Ericsson's . I believe DSLAM is OK, because other customers are
> working fine (with Ericsson DSL modems). But I'd like to connect a
> Siemens modem to it.

What VPI/VCI values you need depends on the settings in the DSLAM.

RE: Siemens ADSL modem - default settings [ In reply to ]
I'd say that DSLAM should know what PVC to use, and settings on DSLAM
and DSL modem must match. So I can't tell DSLAM to use PVC x/x and
configure modem on y/y and expect it to work. If this is not true and I
can say DSLAM what PVC to use and DSL modem gets this info - this would
be great. As I have no manual for this Siemens Xpresslink thing - I
don't know if this is true.

Andris

Re: Siemens ADSL modem - default settings [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 03:26:09PM +0300, Andris Zarins wrote:
> I'd say that DSLAM should know what PVC to use, and settings on DSLAM
> and DSL modem must match. So I can't tell DSLAM to use PVC x/x and
> configure modem on y/y and expect it to work.

Exactly.