resource-pool configuration ?

Please help,
Patrik
RE: Blocking CLID [ In reply to ]
Hi,

try this config

resource-pool enable
!
resource-pool group resource ISDN
! number of b-channels
range limit 120
!
resource-pool group resource MODEM
! needs to be adapated
range port 1/0 1/59
range port 2/0 2/59
!
resource-pool profile customer ALLOWED
limit base-size all
limit overflow-size 0
resource ISDN digital
resource MODEM speech
resource MODEM V110
dnis group default
!
resource-pool profile discriminator BLOCKED
call-type all
dnis group blockedDNIS
!
dialer dnis group blockedDNIS
number 1234567
number 2345678

Take a look at
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft
/121t/121t5/dtclid.htm, this requires 12.3

You might also want to investigate ISDN pre-authentication. This way the
NAS will send an access-request to your Radius server with the dnis or
clid prior to answering the call. If it receives an access-reject, the
call is dropped:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft
/121t/121t2/dtpreaut.htm
I'd somewhat prefer this solution to meet your objectives since you can
configure this centrally on the Radius instead of maintaining the list
of numbers on your NAS..

oli

RE: Blocking CLID [ In reply to ]
Yea, that worked!
Thanks alot :)

//patrik

Re: Blocking CLID [ In reply to ]
One more comment on this ... if you are taking calls that
are failing due to them coming from "some jerk" rather
than due to your MICA modems failing, then you will
want to disable modem recovery - this will keep the modems
from thinking that they are bad and trying to reload portware.

Modem recovery was a recommended feature back in the
bad old days when we were experiencing a fair number of
MICA code problems, where the modems would crash or
hang and have to be reloaded. However, with recent MICA
portware (2.7.4.0, 2.9.4.0 or 2.9.5.0), we virtually never see
such problems, so it's recommended NOT to run modem
recovery any more (and, if you are running older portware,
we'd recommend that you upgrade.)

Regards,

Aaron

---