I am using Cisco 3620, IOS 12.2-17 as NAT, and found that the CPU utilisation for IP INPUT is very high. I need to clear IP NAT TRANSLATION every day. Could you please suggest how can I check for the cause of high CPU utilisation.

Regards,
Souphonh
RE: High CPU usage on IP INPUT process [ In reply to ]
Id suggest first you examine the output of show interfaces
switching, that should tell you which interfaced is getting the
highest traffic hits. then show ip interface and check for the
switching method employed on the interface. That would be a good
beginning, In general, there's a chance that the router is
process-switching most of the traffic hence all you'll probably
need to do is probably re-enable interrupt switching on the
interface/s concerned.

For further reading ...please have a look at the following:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/highcpu_ip_input.html#pre

**Gitau

_____