Hi,

How can I use 2 different ip pool on an as5300?

Regards.
RE: multiple ip pool on the same nas [ In reply to ]

> How can I use 2 different ip pool on an as5300?

ip local pool POOL-A <start-ip> <end-ip>
ip local pool POOL-B <start-ip> <end-ip>

and then assign the appropriate pool by name using Radius (cisco-avpair
= "ip:addr-pool=POOL-A") or via interface config on vtemplate,
group-async, etc. ("peer default ip address pool POOL-A")

oli
RE: multiple ip pool on the same nas [ In reply to ]
Thanks,
it works fine but I also have another question:

I use a radius server for aaa, is there a way to assign a specific user, eg
guest an IP address not from the local pool nor from radius server?

Kind regards.

RE: multiple ip pool on the same nas [ In reply to ]
> I use a radius server for aaa, is there a way to assign a specific
> user, eg guest an IP address not from the local pool nor from radius
> server?

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand your question. You want to assign a
specific IP, but don't want to use radius nor local pools? Not sure what
you mean..

oli

RE: multiple ip pool on the same nas [ In reply to ]
Can I use one local pool for users and and another local pool for a
specific user?

guest users are granted specific services such as viewing only our home
page and nothing else.
an access-list will be applied to the second pool.

Rivo.

RE: multiple ip pool on the same nas [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Rivo Tahina RAZAFINDRATSIFA wrote:

> Can I use one local pool for users and and another local pool for a
> specific user?
>
> guest users are granted specific services such as viewing only our home
> page and nothing else.
> an access-list will be applied to the second pool.

yes you can create various ip pools on the nas and then via radius use

Cisco-AVPair = "ip:addr-pool=name_of_pool",

in order to assign to diff group of people

j.
RE: multiple ip pool on the same nas [ In reply to ]
> Can I use one local pool for users and and another local pool for a
> specific user?

well, of course, just define two pools and then include

cisco-avpair = "ip:addr-pool=GUESTPOOL"

to your guest's profile and a different pool to your regular users. or
do you mean s/th different?

> guest users are granted specific services such as viewing only our
> home page and nothing else.
> an access-list will be applied to the second pool.

But if you're only concerned about resticting access, you can also apply
per-user access-list via radius:

cisco-pavpair = "ip:inacl#1=permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 80",
cisco-pavpair = "ip:inacl#2=permit udp any any eq 53"

Tx,

oli