Mailing List Archive

Re: AAA & VPDN (Tunnel-Client-Endpoint)
On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 05:12:32PM +0900, Denis V. Schapov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to get radius attribute 66, Tunnel-Client-Endpoint or it's value on another
> attribute for incoming VPDN (L2TP, PPTP) connections to LNS in Radius authentication
> requests for ppp/network authentication/authorization ?
> Currently this attribute is present only in accounting start/stop/alive.
> LNS is running 12.2(31)SB3x
> Tunnel authentication is disabled.

Hmm. Worrying when you google for the answer to this and all
you find is something else asking it.

Anyone in cisco-bba know?
Trying to get Tunnel-Client-Endpoint (attribute 66) information (even if
actually in another attribute) in the RADIUS Access-Request so that it can
be used in the decision making process. By the time it arrives in
the Start Accounting it's too late.

vpdn questions seem to be pretty randomly distributed between
cisco-bba, cisco-nas and cisco-nsp, but I thought I'd take a punt in here.

--
Euan Galloway
Re: AAA & VPDN (Tunnel-Client-Endpoint) [ In reply to ]
Euan Galloway <> wrote on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:26 PM:

> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 05:12:32PM +0900, Denis V. Schapov wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is it possible to get radius attribute 66, Tunnel-Client-Endpoint or
>> it's value on another attribute for incoming VPDN (L2TP, PPTP)
>> connections to LNS in Radius authentication requests for ppp/network
>> authentication/authorization ?
>> Currently this attribute is present only in accounting
>> start/stop/alive.
>> LNS is running 12.2(31)SB3x
>> Tunnel authentication is disabled.
>
> Hmm. Worrying when you google for the answer to this and all
> you find is something else asking it.
>
> Anyone in cisco-bba know?
> Trying to get Tunnel-Client-Endpoint (attribute 66) information (even
> if actually in another attribute) in the RADIUS Access-Request so
> that it can be used in the decision making process. By the time it
> arrives in
> the Start Accounting it's too late.
>
> vpdn questions seem to be pretty randomly distributed between
> cisco-bba, cisco-nas and cisco-nsp, but I thought I'd take a punt in
> here.

there could be more elegant ways of doing this with ISG, but in "legacy"
vpdn code, you can address this using "vpdn aaa attribute nas-ip-address
vpdn-nas" on the LNS. this changes the NAS-IP-Address to the LAC's
address, which could help you. It's not a perfect solution, though..

oli
Re: AAA & VPDN (Tunnel-Client-Endpoint) [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 06:05:28AM +0200, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:

> there could be more elegant ways of doing this with ISG, but in "legacy"

Possibly, I've not looked at the ISG stuff.
Saw a couple of posts about bad performance, but haven't looked purely
because have not needed the features.

> vpdn code, you can address this using "vpdn aaa attribute nas-ip-address
> vpdn-nas" on the LNS. this changes the NAS-IP-Address to the LAC's
> address, which could help you. It's not a perfect solution, though..

Works perfectly in the lab, thanks for that.
Whether or not it works with BT, who can say...

A cleaner solution would be being able to set any of the optional
attributes seperately for each radius packet type, but I've got what
I want (thankfully/luckily not using the previous contents of NAS-IP-Address
for anything, or at least nothing that can't be worked around) :-)

--
Euan Galloway