Mailing List Archive

Re: L2TP tunnel switching not copying dscp bitsbetweensession L2TP tunnel switching not copying dscp bitsbetweensession headers
Yes 'l2tp ip tos reflect is not supported on LTS - LNS only.

The below is the workaround as detailed in CSCee27441

=======================================
It has been found that the correct mode of operation where the TOS field
is reflected correctly
into the L2TP header can be achieved by adding the following config
below. This was tested with
12.3(4)T5 and 12.3(7.11)T. However, it still has to be determined
whether it should be necessary
to make the changes below or whether the TOS relfect feature needs to be
corrected for the
C7X00 platforms.

class-map match-all QOS-Group7
match qos-group 7
class-map match-all QOS-Group6
match qos-group 6
class-map match-all QOS-Group5
match qos-group 5
class-map match-all QOS-Group4
match qos-group 4
class-map match-all QOS-Group3
match qos-group 3
class-map match-all QOS-Group2
match qos-group 2
class-map match-all QOS-Group1
match qos-group 1
class-map match-all QOS-Group0
match qos-group 0
class-map match-all Tos0
match ip precedence 0
class-map match-all Tos1
match ip precedence 1
class-map match-all Tos2
match ip precedence 2
class-map match-all Tos3
match ip precedence 3
class-map match-all Tos4
match ip precedence 4
class-map match-all Tos5
match ip precedence 5
class-map match-all Tos6
match ip precedence 6
class-map match-all Tos7
match ip precedence 7
!
!
policy-map Outbound-Policy
class QOS-Group0
set precedence 0
class QOS-Group1
set precedence 1
class QOS-Group2
set precedence 2
class QOS-Group3
set precedence 3
class QOS-Group4
set precedence 4
class QOS-Group5
set precedence 5
class QOS-Group6
set precedence 6
class QOS-Group7
set precedence 7
policy-map Inbound-Policy
class Tos0
set qos-group 0
class Tos1
set qos-group 1
class Tos2
set qos-group 2
class Tos3
set qos-group 3
class Tos4
set qos-group 4
class Tos5
set qos-group 5
class Tos6
set qos-group 6
class Tos7
set qos-group 7

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
ip address 172.16.2.5 255.255.255.0
service-policy input Inbound-Policy
service-policy output Outbound-Policy
duplex full
speed 1000
media-type gbic
negotiation auto

Re: L2TP tunnel switching not copying dscp bitsbetweensession L2TP tunnel switching not copying dscp bitsbetweensession headers [ In reply to ]
the qos-group workaround seems to work properly on mainline 12.3(19)
but not on 12.2(28)SB3. qos-group based classification on the egress
interface works but marking at the same time doesn't.

the cpu hike on a 7301 running 12.3(19) pulling and pushing around
150Mb/s is just under 10% which is just about bearable.

Regards,
Tony

eg ("packets matched" and "packets marked" don't match under
qosgroup57 class-map on output service policy; I verified the packets
really aren't being marked by checking further upstream, ie it's not a
command display issue):
GigabitEthernet0/1.41

Service-policy input: remarkl2tp

Class-map: dscp57 (match-all)
19 packets, 2698 bytes
5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
Match: ip dscp 57
QoS Set
qos-group 57
Packets marked 19

Class-map: class-default (match-any)
68111476 packets, 38829962284 bytes
5 minute offered rate 21615000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
Match: any
68111476 packets, 38829962284 bytes
5 minute rate 21615000 bps

Service-policy output: test-out

Class-map: qosgroup57 (match-all)
19 packets, 2774 bytes
5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
Match: qos-group 57
QoS Set
precedence 5
Packets marked 0

Class-map: class-default (match-any)
67918248 packets, 39020742241 bytes
5 minute offered rate 21739000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
Match: any
67918248 packets, 39020742241 bytes
5 minute rate 21739000 bps