Mailing List Archive

Multilink PPP on LNS
Hi,

Does a cisco 7200/G1 configured as LNS support multilink
ppp connections?

Can the LAC from the telco block this feature?

Christian

Re: Multilink PPP on LNS [ In reply to ]
Christian Schmit <> wrote on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 4:11 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Does a cisco 7200/G1 configured as LNS support multilink
> ppp connections?

yes.

> Can the LAC from the telco block this feature?

well, if the LAC doesn't negotiate Multilink as part of the initial LCP
handshake, you need to re-negotiate LCP on the LNS (lcp renegotiation
always), so this should work. There may be some very old clients which
don't like LCP re-negotiated, but I haven't heard of problems lately, so
maybe these broken clients are no longer around..

oli