Mailing List Archive

Tunnel ids and MRTG..
Hi.

Does anyone know if it is possible to dictate VPDN L2TP tunnel id's?

router01#sh vpdn tunnel state

%No active L2F tunnels

L2TP Tunnel Information Total tunnels 3 sessions 1660

LocID RemID Local Name Remote Name State Last-Chg

42777 35217 router01 adsl.inter est 9w5d

50780 28600 router01 adsl.inter est 5w5d

44385 8538 router01 adsl.inter est 5d22h

When tunnel drops, MRTG stops graphing...

Have used 'snmp ifindex persist' for physical interfaces to prevent loss
of monitoring, but that doesn't deal with tunnels.

Any ideas appreciated.

Mark
Re: Tunnel ids and MRTG.. [ In reply to ]
On Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 12:25:46PM -0000, Mark Tohill wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to dictate VPDN L2TP tunnel id's?
>
> When tunnel drops, MRTG stops graphing...

The way I fixed this (for our ADSL users that I graph) is to write a script
which is called from MRTG. I pass it the username, and it uses snmp to walk
the l2tp tree and find the right tunnel, from which it then returns the
counters.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
Director | * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *
RE: Tunnel ids and MRTG.. [ In reply to ]
Mark Tohill <> wrote on Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:26 PM:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to dictate VPDN L2TP tunnel id's?

No, unfortunately (for your requirement) not..

oli