Mailing List Archive

IPv6 PPPoE clients into VRF
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's currently possible to insert a dual-stack IPv4/IPv6
PPPoE session into a VRF?

My setup is very straightforward with a fixed IPv4 address and stateless WAN
IPv6 address (no need to worry about LAN addressing at the moment).

I'd like to provision user's configuration through a RADIUS profile:

User-Name = "rado2@shdsl"

Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255

Framed-IP-Address = 10.10.10.20

Cisco-AVPair = "ipv6:prefix#1=2a01:148:900:5::/64"

Framed-Protocol = PPP

Service-Type = Framed-User

The VRF is configured on my testlab router as:

vrf definition ZZZ

rd 100:100

!

address-family ipv4

route-target export 100:100

route-target import 100:100

exit-address-family

!

address-family ipv6

route-target export 100:100

route-target import 100:100

exit-address-family

interface Loopback200

vrf forwarding ZZZ

ip address 10.198.0.1 255.255.255.255

ipv6 address 2A01:148:900:4::3/128

end

IOS used on the BRAS is: C7301-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SRD4.

Device hardware is Cisco 7301.

We'd usually use the following RADIUS profile lines when configuring an IPv4
only customer, but that doesn't seem to work when the customer is a
dual-stack PPPoE session.

Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:interface-config#1=ip vrf forwarding ZZZ"

Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:interface-config#2=ip unnumbered Loopback200"

Thanks for you help!

Kind Regards,

Rado
Re: IPv6 PPPoE clients into VRF [ In reply to ]
Have you tried the following?

Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:interface-config#1=vrf forwarding ZZZ"

Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:interface-config#2=ipv6 unnumbered Loopback200"

--
Tassos

Re: IPv6 PPPoE clients into VRF [ In reply to ]
Hiya,

It doesn't work with those lines added.
I've contacted our Cisco SE and will update the list when/if I make it work
:)

Regards,
Rado