Matt

--
Matthew Melbourne
Imposing a rate-limiter for DSL users exceeing quotas [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Is there an elegant way of imposing a rate-limit for users which
exceed a download quota? We could manipulate a user's virtual-template
on the LNS to add a service-policy (after forcing a reconnection), but
this doesn't seem to be an easy or scalable method. I've briefly
looked at Cisco's Service Control Engine (SCE) which may provide this
and other functionality (e.g. DPI).

Thanks,

Matt

--
Matthew Melbourne
Re: Imposing a rate-limiter for DSL users exceeing quotas [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I have never had to do this myself, but I believe it can be done using RADIUS CoA:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3576.txt

There is also a post here with a brief example of how to go about it from a someone at Cisco:
http://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2009-January/001948.html

Just sharing a couple of links I had kicking around, someone else might have some more concrete information on how to sort this out (and I could be totally wrong).

Best of luck ad feel free to share your solution for the archives once you get it working :)

regards,
Tony.