Mailing List Archive

remove unused virtual access interfaces
Hi,

We have 7204's as LNS and they accumulate unused virtual access interfaces such that on one device that has about 100 active connections it has just short of 3300 virtual access interfaces that are down and unused.

The interfaces look like this:

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol
Virtual-Access3 10.200.0.61 YES unset down down
Virtual-Access4 10.200.0.61 YES unset down down
Virtual-Access5 10.200.0.61 YES unset down down

It's not causing any operational issues except that when I go to add an SNMP monitor the query to find all the interfaces (so that I can choose the one I want) takes a LONG time to complete (as you might imagine with 3500+ interfaces).

I'm fairly sure that a power cycle would resolve this, but I don't really want to if I don't have to.

The 7204 is running 12.2(33)SRD1.

Thanks,
Tony.