Mailing List Archive

FastCGI issue
Hi all.

I've decided to do a little benchmarking on Mono 2.0. I installed
Cherokee 0.9.4 on my Ubuntu Hardy AMD64 install from the PPAs. The
install went well and I was serving static pages in minutes.

When I went to run some aspx hello world pages, I got blank pages
after ~5 second delay repeatedly. As a test I started up the
fastcgi-mono-server process manually with the following command...

sudo -u www-data MONO_FCGI_SOCKET=unix
MONO_FCGI_FILENAME=/var/run/cherokee/fastcgi-mono-server.socket
MONO_FCGI_LOGFILE=/var/log/cherokee/mono.log
MONO_FCGI_APPLICATIONS=/:/var/www/ /opt/mono/bin/fastcgi-mono-server2

... and everything worked great.

Running normally, the fastcgi process is getting started by Cherokee
but it is not stopping when Cherokee is shutdown. Additionally the
mono log (even when set to debug) is left empty.

On a stacktrace of the running fastcgi-mono-server process when
launched from Cherokee, I get the following output repeated...

futex(0x8bf7c4, 0x80 /* FUTEX_??? */, 1679) = -1 ETIMEDOUT (Connection
timed out)
futex(0x8bf780, 0x81 /* FUTEX_??? */, 1) = 0
semop(23822337, 0x7fffc68560c0, 1) = 0
semop(23822337, 0x7fffc6856110, 1) = 0
semop(23822337, 0x7fffc68560c0, 1) = 0
semop(23822337, 0x7fffc6856110, 1) = 0

Here's my cherokee.conf file...
source!2!env!MONO_FCGI_FILENAME = /var/run/cherokee/fastcgi-mono-server.socket
source!2!env!MONO_FCGI_APPLICATIONS = /:/var/www/
source!2!env!MONO_FCGI_LOGFILE = /var/log/cherokee/mono.log
source!2!env!MONO_FCGI_SOCKET = unix
source!2!host = /var/run/cherokee/fastcgi-mono-server.socket
source!2!interpreter = /opt/mono/bin/fastcgi-mono-server
source!2!nick = mono
source!2!type = interpreter

The socket and log are both readable and writable by www-data user.

Any ideas? Let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Thanks
Re: FastCGI issue [ In reply to ]
Hello Brian!

Since the Mono2 binary package for OS X isn't still available, I'll
have to wait to try to reproduce it. But just in order to be sure
that we don't forget about this; could you please log a bug for this?

http://bugs.cherokee-project.com/

Meanwhile, it would be interesting if you could try using a TCP socket
rather than a UNIX one. I don't think that's the reason, but just in
case.

--
Greetings, alo
http://www.alobbs.com/

Re: FastCGI issue [ In reply to ]
Done. I've also tried TCP with the same results.

Re: FastCGI issue [ In reply to ]
HI,

how did you config php-fpm source. Try as "Remote host" not "Local interpeter"

Regards,
Jan

Re: FastCGI issue [ In reply to ]
Tried that, too.  I installed from aptitude.  "lsof
-i |grep php" shows several php-fpm's listening on localhost 9000.

Re: FastCGI issue [ In reply to ]
Did you install PHP manually or using the wizard in Cherokee-Admin?