Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Installing Cherokee Webserver and keeping it up-to-date [ In reply to ]
On 12/05/12 17:32, Jeremy Morton wrote:
> What do you mean by changelog? git commit messages?

Or in the more formal "packaging" the release annoucement.

Stefan

Re: Installing Cherokee Webserver and keeping it up-to-date [ In reply to ]
On 05/12/2012 16:34, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> On 12/05/12 17:32, Jeremy Morton wrote:
>> What do you mean by changelog? git commit messages?
>
> Or in the more formal "packaging" the release annoucement.
>
> Stefan

Well I guess it depends whether the user is looking out for it or not...

--
Best regards,
Jeremy Morton (Jez)
Re: Installing Cherokee Webserver and keeping it up-to-date [ In reply to ]
> The packages could just be in a separate repository, though (like the
> Ubuntu packages - They're in a PPA). I've moved away from Cherokee but if
> get some free time I'll try out the Ubuntu packages on Debian and see if
> they work well.
>

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Stefan de Konink <stefan@konink.de> wrote:
>
>> On 12/04/12 22:08, Daniel Lo Nigro wrote:
>> > How can Cherokee have up-to-date packages for Ubuntu but not for
>> Debian?
>> > Surely the Ubuntu packages would need minimal modification to work on
>> > Debian?
>>
>> Because no one wanted to take over the work required for Debian to
>> accept the packages. Including doing "backports" of patches.
>>
>> Stefan

As I've said .. once Debian is released I'll push cherokee again to be
included in Debian so automagically uploaded to Ubuntu

Is there a debian version you need ?

Saludos

Leonel

Re: Installing Cherokee Webserver and keeping it up-to-date [ In reply to ]

> Hi there,
>
> I think the problem isn't distribution or politics related. It's as
> simple as we don't have a debian packager.
>
> Please, any voluntary for the task, step in :D

Yes there is no debian packager and there is no debian official packages,
they where removed so Debian can be released.

As I've said .. once Debian is released I'll push cherokee again to be
included in Debian so automagically uploaded to Ubuntu and I'll keep
sending patches to the released debian versions.

Do you need a Debian package ?? I can package for you

Saludos

Leonel