Mailing List Archive

SSL Time-Bug and Debian unstable Situation
Hello guys,

I have 2 small questions:

1.) Firefox SSL 1-Sec-Timeout Bug

I think many people know the Problem with SSL and Cherokee at the moment.
This bug slow down a lot every SSL site. One of our sites the siteload
switch from 400 ms per SSL site to 5 sec with the new Firefox!

And every week more users use new Firefox versions.

Are you active working to fix this bug? When this bug is solved? When will
a new version arrive with this fix?

Last commits was 2 weeks ago. Many users (like me) use Cherokee for the
speed - and this situation is terrible, because it reduce our (and - I
think - on every ecommerce site) conversion rate.

2.) Unstable Debian Packages

I installed some server Cherokee from Debian unstable last winter.

Now there are no packages available. It is impossible to setup this
configuration again. I know, you did your best Gunnar for the Cherokee fans
on Debian - and I want thank you for the support.

Is somebody active working on a Cherokee Package for Debian unstable?

When will be this package available?

I think these are very important questions for a lot of people. I love
Cherokee and used it since 2 years - hope I have not to switch another
webserver.

Sebastian
Re: SSL Time-Bug and Debian unstable Situation [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Jul 2012, Sebastian Ringel wrote:

> Last commits was 2 weeks ago. Many users (like me) use Cherokee for the
> speed - and this situation is terrible, because it reduce our (and - I think
> - on every ecommerce site) conversion rate.

The last commit solves this issue.

> Is somebody active working on a Cherokee Package for Debian unstable?

No, nobody stepped forward on this.

> When will be this package available?

After a package maintainer is available. Another option is that the Ubuntu
packages are used.

Some personal priorities (finishing my master thesis) has holding me back
in the last month to follow up the 'access to the website' problem. We
can't release, if we can't publish.

Stefan
Re: SSL Time-Bug and Debian unstable Situation [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the fast and clear response! Nice to see that fixes are on the
way. I hope a new versions comes asap.

Sebastian

Re: SSL Time-Bug and Debian unstable Situation [ In reply to ]
> Hello guys,
>>
> 2.) Unstable Debian Packages
>
> I installed some server Cherokee from Debian unstable last winter.
>
> Now there are no packages available. It is impossible to setup this
> configuration again. I know, you did your best Gunnar for the Cherokee
> fans
> on Debian - and I want thank you for the support.
>
> Is somebody active working on a Cherokee Package for Debian unstable?
>
> When will be this package available?
>
> I think these are very important questions for a lot of people. I love
> Cherokee and used it since 2 years - hope I have not to switch another
> webserver.
>
> Sebastian

Was removed from unstable because it had release stop bugs,

Once the new debian is released I'll work to make it available on debian
and can be available on Ubuntu too

Do you need any new cherokee package for debian ??

I can make it for you and keep it updated,

Saludos

Leonel

Re: SSL Time-Bug and Debian unstable Situation [ In reply to ]
Hi Leonel,
I need a debian unstable package with the latest release, if it is
possible. I can test this package and report any issues. To fix the
critical bug is necessary to get a stable cherokee, please include the fix,
https://github.com/cherokee/webserver/commit/cbe47e2fd2799c306dd88b3f06f7a108fa250c19

Thanks for your support, hope I can help you, too.

Have a nice week,

Sebastian