errors and crashes here? http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/list

Or perhaps on Github?

-Locke
Re: Reporting Cherokee errors/crashes [ In reply to ]
To follow up... we're using Cherokee in a somewhat high-volume environment
and experiencing interesting glitches. I've got error logs and would love
to submit them with the hope of helping to improve the server and fix said
glitches, but if nobody is working on it I see little reason for us to
continue using Cherokee. And this makes me sad.

-Locke

Re: Reporting Cherokee errors/crashes [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 10 May 2012, Locke Bircher wrote:

> To follow up... we're using Cherokee in a somewhat high-volume environment
> and experiencing interesting glitches. I've got error logs and would love to
> submit them with the hope of helping to improve the server and fix said
> glitches, but if nobody is working on it I see little reason for us to
> continue using Cherokee. And this makes me sad.

I think the errorlog (without backtrace) isn't helping much. So if you do
have a way to reproduce glitches let us know.

Stefan
Re: Reporting Cherokee errors/crashes [ In reply to ]
I have backtraces in the errorlog. Where should I share the log excerpts?
Have yet to figure out the behavior causing the problem(s) so can't seem to
reproduce. Basically a bug is hit and cherokee-worker's CPU usage goes
through the ceiling. The server becomes unresponsive and crashes shortly
thereafter.

-Locke

Re: Reporting Cherokee errors/crashes [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 10 May 2012, Locke Bircher wrote:

> I have backtraces in the errorlog. Where should I share the log excerpts?
> Have yet to figure out the behavior causing the problem(s) so can't seem to
> reproduce. Basically a bug is hit and cherokee-worker's CPU usage goes
> through the ceiling. The server becomes unresponsive and crashes shortly
> thereafter.

If you have a reverse proxy in your config... then it might be the cause.
But please share your logs in the bugtracker.

Stefan
Re: Reporting Cherokee errors/crashes [ In reply to ]
No reverse proxy. Just a fcgi/php setup.

Here it is: http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1359

-Locke