Mailing List Archive

error while installing fail2ban on Debian
Hello,

I have the following error when I try to install fail2ban on debian squeeze
(apt-get install fail2ban):

insserv: warning: script 'S98cherkee-opt' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'cherokee-opt' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: There is a loop at service cherkee-opt if started
insserv: There is a loop between service rc.local and checkroot if started
insserv: loop involving service checkroot at depth 4
insserv: loop involving service hwclockfirst at depth 3
insserv: loop involving service hwclock at depth 6
insserv: loop involving service hostname at depth 4
insserv: loop involving service module-init-tools at depth 6
insserv: There is a loop between service rc.local and mountnfs if started
insserv: loop involving service mountnfs at depth 9
insserv: loop involving service networking at depth 8
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Max recursions depth 99 reached
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: loop involving service apache2 at depth 10
insserv: There is a loop between service rc.local and ifupdown-clean if
started
insserv: loop involving service ifupdown-clean at depth 6
insserv: There is a loop between service rc.local and mountall if started
insserv: loop involving service mountall at depth 7
insserv: loop involving service checkfs at depth 6
insserv: loop involving service mtab at depth 6
insserv: There is a loop at service rc.local if started
insserv: loop involving service quota at depth 11
insserv: loop involving service portmap at depth 9
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: There is a loop between service cherkee-opt and udev if started
insserv: loop involving service udev at depth 2
insserv: loop involving service mountkernfs at depth 1
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: There is a loop between service rc.local and mountall-bootclean if
started
insserv: loop involving service mountall-bootclean at depth 1
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Starting cherokee-opt depends on rc.local and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: error processing fail2ban (--configure):
configured to not write apport reports
Processing triggers for python-central
fail2ban

The cherokee version is Cherokee Web Server 1.2.101.

Can you help me avoiding these error messages?

Thank you
Jérôme

Re: error while installing fail2ban on Debian [ In reply to ]
Where did you install Cherokee from? The Debian package, or did you make
your own package?

Re: error while installing fail2ban on Debian [ In reply to ]
I have used the "easy install" method:
wget http://cherokee-project.com/install && python install

jh8MTkwNTA2ODQxMw==

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net

Re: error while installing fail2ban on Debian [ In reply to ]
Maybe compare your /etc/init.d/cherokee script to the one included in the
Debian package. Perhaps it does something differently.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM, jl.informatique <

Re: error while installing fail2ban on Debian [ In reply to ]
Ok, that’s a good starting point, I’ll check and let you know.

Thank you
Jérôme