Mailing List Archive

Fancyupload flash upload tool gives 500 error
Got my PHP sites almost all up and running, but one error remains: I'm using
a multi-file Flash uploader to let people upload images to an auction site,
and it's not working.

I'm using this tool: http://digitarald.de/project/fancyupload/

I am specifically getting a 500 error in return.
Halfway down the page, you can see his advice for:

/Uploads fail with 403/500 error
Check your server config, there must be something wrong. Also see 404,
double check the upload URL./

I know the URL is correct and running, because the database is being updated
as if a photo were uploaded, but the actual photos are not being uploaded.
Also it's known that this sometimes happens on Apache if "mod_security" is
misconfigured. Is Cherokee doing something weird here? BTW I am treating
.swf files as "list & send" and caching them.

Re: Fancyupload flash upload tool gives 500 error [ In reply to ]
I figged it out. I needed to install "php5-curl" b/c of an amazon S3 library
that was running behind the scenes >_<

Re: Fancyupload flash upload tool gives 500 error [ In reply to ]
The best way to resolve issues with PHP scripts would be to ensure error
logging is enabled. I'm not sure if Cherokee's error log captures PHP
errors, but in your php.ini file you can set log_errors to On and error_log
to a filename, and this will log all PHP errors to the file specified.