Mailing List Archive

Problems with - Check local file - Ensure that the matched extension if part of a local file name.
Have a tad odd question for the list.

Having issues with a web configuration. Cherokee basically has a rule
for static file types defined up top of the rule list and it's set to
final for these type:
zip,jpg,gif,png,tif,pdf,xls,gz,tar,xml,css,rss

When those filetypes are found, Cherokee is supposed to serve them
directly from disk or cache.

Further down our configuration pile we have the default catch-all,
which is a reverse proxy rule that connects to a remote back end
server.

Problem here is that the extension rule for the above filetypes
(zip,jpg,gif,png,tif,pdf,xls,gz,tar,xml,css,rss) goes and the request
isn't fulfilled there, but ends up hitting the Default catchall.

We were able to catch this when dealing with some big files (128MB)
and saw traffic on remote server.

This issue seems to be isolated to one setting in the rule, a checkbox:
Check local file - Ensure that the matched extension if part of a
local file name.

When that is checked, the traffic wrongly passes down unserved to
default rule (reverse proxy). If I uncheck this, then it works as
expected.

So what exactly does this mean? In particular, " Ensure that the
matched extension if part of a local file name." If I request
12345.zip surely that matches the extension part defined and is a
local file on the drive.

Anyone make sense of this?