My configuration:
 - Cherokee 1.2.99 from the unstable Debian repository (installed on Debian Testing)
 - SSL/TLS back-end set to OpenSSL/libssl
 - Port 443 added as a port, and "TLS/SSL port" ticked
 - Certificate and certificate key specified in vserver Security tab

This server only has one virtual host, the default host. I initially tried with a StartSSL certificate, but I tried "Tasks -> SSL/TLS testing" in rule management and it has the same issue. At the moment, it's set to use the self-signed certificate.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks!
Re: SSL not working - Serving plain HTTP on port 443? [ In reply to ]
cat ssl.crt sub.class1.server.ca.pem > ssl_chained.crt

You need to use ssl_chained.crt as a cert file :)

Greetings,
Jędrzej Nowak

Re: SSL not working - Serving plain HTTP on port 443? [ In reply to ]
Already did that as it's mentioned in the documentation (and I had to do something similar when using Lighttpd). It still doesn't work. As I mentioned, even the self-signed certificate isn't working. :(

Re: SSL not working - Serving plain HTTP on port 443? [ In reply to ]
I just got this working the other day on a Fedora system, same cherokee version.
So it could be with the debian package, the certificate or key, or maybe proxy?

Re: SSL not working - Serving plain HTTP on port 443? [ In reply to ]
Is everyone in this thread absolutely sure that:

General Settings > Ports to listen looks like:
<http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/media/images/admin_general_ports.png>

TLS/SSL port is ticked?

Stefan

Re: SSL not working - Serving plain HTTP on port 443? [ In reply to ]
Hmmm, this is interesting. I played around with the settings a bit, and it seems to work once I disable IPv6 support! Very weird, perhaps a bug of some sort?

Re: SSL not working - Serving plain HTTP on port 443? [ In reply to ]
I also already had IPv6 support turned off before every trying. Sorry,
forgot about that.