That means authentication cookies of 1,000 to 2,000 characters long will
still take a minimum of a half hour for their PayPal attack to work.
Nonetheless, the technique poses a threat to millions of websites that use
earlier versions of TLS"

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/19/beast_exploits_paypal_ssl/

--
Greetings, alo.
http://www.alobbs.com/
Re: Heads-up: Has TLS 1.0 been broken? [ In reply to ]
Yup...

Sadly it's true... the thing is... everywhere on the net there *is*
alternative... for TLS 1.0 there is also 1.1 & 1.2 but... nobody
implements it (except MS(sic!) and Opera)... seems to be similar as
situation with IPv4 and IPv6 'nobody cares'.

Greetings,
Jędrzej Nowak

Re: Heads-up: Has TLS 1.0 been broken? [ In reply to ]
在 2011-09-20二的 11:09 +0200,Alvaro Lopez Ortega写道:
> Folks,
>

> You ought to be aware of this if you site relays on TLS 1.0:
>

> "... The vulnerability resides in versions 1.0 and earlier of TLS, or
> transport layer security, the successor to the secure sockets layer
> technology that serves as the internet's foundation of trust. Although
> versions 1.1 and 1.2 of TLS aren't susceptible, they remain almost
> entirely unsupported in browsers and websites alike."
>

> "... requires about two seconds to decrypt each byte of an encrypted
> cookie. That means authentication cookies of 1,000 to 2,000 characters
> long will still take a minimum of a half hour for their PayPal attack
> to work. Nonetheless, the technique poses a threat to millions of
> websites that use earlier versions of TLS"
>

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/19/beast_exploits_paypal_ssl/
>

> --
> Greetings, alo.
> http://www.alobbs.com/

wow,your new email address is so COOL~ how did you get it? are you a
member of GNU project? Alvaro Lopez Ortega.(sorry for OT)

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.
Re: Heads-up: Has TLS 1.0 been broken? [ In reply to ]
It's not *new* address of Alvaro :)

Greetings,
Jędrzej Nowak

Re: Heads-up: Has TLS 1.0 been broken? [ In reply to ]
在 2011-09-21三的 10:58 +0200,Jędrzej Nowak写道: