Any pointers on this?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Re: file transfer [ In reply to ]
"upload_tmp_dir" PHP configuration variable ;-)

As Cherokee is using php-cgi you need to configure PHP itself ;)

Pozdrawiam
Jędrzej Nowak

Re: file transfer [ In reply to ]
Ah... ok, I will look at php. I wasn't clear on what the server is doing and what php is doing for the upload. But I guess I should have looked at php too :)

Re: file transfer [ In reply to ]
Jeremy Greene <jeremy <at> ZeeVee.Com> writes:

> Through the server, I need a firmware update mechanism on an embedded system.
Using the normal http/php file upload mechanism won’t work because there isn’t
space for temporary storage of the entire file -- I need to process it as it’s
received (decompress, store).

> Actually, poking through Cherokee-admin, I don’t see anything on this, even
temp directory control etc…

> Any pointers on this?

If the problem is that your /tmp folder is in RAM and of small size, you can
direct Cherokee to store the upload into a larger partition (assuming you have a
large Flash file system).

Export the following environment variable before starting the web server.

export CHEROKEE_TMPDIR=/path/to/large/mount
cherokee -your-command-line-options