Mailing List Archive

Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view
Issue 221: download index.php instead of show me the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

New issue report by juanje.ojeda:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. I set up a php application with Cherokee (modified dotptoject) with
mysql data base (a big and not very optimice one).
2. I go to list view which has lots of queries to the database which
usually takes very long time to show on Apache.

The expected output is the list view of the application, but instead of
that I got a download dialog from Firefox for index.php.
On Opera I got a "server not found" (or similar) message error. But, just
for this view, the rest are fine.

The same application with the same code and the same database on the same
machine, but with Apache takes long time to render the html, but after a
while it is showed fine.

I'm using Cherokee from trunk (r2384).
OS: Ubuntu 8.04.1 (Hardy)

php: php5-cgi (from Ubuntu package)
PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.3 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Jul 23
2008 06:38:29)

Configure options:
Install prefix /usr/local
cflags -g -O2
trace no
sendfile() yes
IPv6 support yes
Polling method 1 epoll
Polling method 2 poll
Polling method 3 select
Threading support yes
TLS support gnutls
PCRE library yes
Compatible PAM yes
LDAP yes
MySQL yes
GeoIP no
crypt support multithread

I attach the cherokee.conf just in case it would be useful.

Attachments:
cherokee.conf 16.7 KB

Issue attributes:
Owner: ----

Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Issue 221: download index.php instead of show me the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

Comment #1 by alobbs:
Could you please try increasing the timeout? The option is under
the "General" tab. It's 15 seconds by default,
I'm not sure what would be the most convenient timeout on this case though
(30s? 60s?) :-?

Issue attribute updates:
Owner: alobbs

Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Issue 221: download index.php instead of show me the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

Comment #2 by juanje.ojeda:
I didn't before, but now I did, even with 100s and still the same :-(

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Comment #12 on issue 221 by gtdminh: download index.php instead of show me
the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

i installed cherokee on mac 0.99.24 and when i request for index.php (simple
phpinfo();) i got download instead of html . What's wrong ? How can i fix
it ?

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Comment #13 on issue 221 by alobbs: download index.php instead of show me
the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

@gtdminh: You did not configure the server to use PHP, I presume. Check out
this
section of the documentation; it explains how to set it up:

http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/cookbook_php.html

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Comment #14 on issue 221 by cantormath: download index.php instead of show
me the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

I am having this issue with Hardy heron, fresh install of cherokee, from
ppa repo.
Browser tries to download anything php.

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Comment #15 on issue 221 by tahers: download index.php instead of show me
the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

@cantormath: Can you find any differences with the configuration that
results from this?
http://www.cherokee-project.com/screencasts.html#php

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Comment #16 on issue 221 by yoann.david: download index.php instead of show
me the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

I also have the problem on Ubuntu 10.10 Cherokee 1.0.8

Php is enabled
I try to increase different timeout found under General, php interpreter...
My php is FastCGI enabled
Parsing my phpinfo.php page with php-cgi CLI is OK

I uncomment cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1 in /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
(http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-cherokee-with-php5-and-mysql-support-on-ubuntu-10.04)

But nothing work my php page are downloaded

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Comment #17 on issue 221 by yoann.david: download index.php instead of show
me the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

Here is my cherokee.conf and a screen capture of vserver behavior

Attachments:
Sélection_003.png 30.5 KB
cherokee.conf 13.1 KB

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Comment #18 on issue 221 by yoann.da...@gmail.com: download index.php
instead of show me the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

now it's work but I don't know why (nothing change)

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #19 on issue 221 by tahers: download index.php instead of show me
the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

Several bugs have been fixed during the year that could have been related
to this problem. I believe it should be solved by now.

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #20 on issue 221 by ste...@konink.de: download index.php instead of
show me the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

This bug is really long dead, if it ever lived after being a egg planted by
some queen part of the super organism of your choice. Last time I set up
two PHP apps manually, this worked.

Re: Issue 221 in cherokee: download index.php instead of show me the view [ In reply to ]
Comment #21 on issue 221 by marioce...@creat1va.com: download index.php
instead of show me the view
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=221

2012 still not clear if this is a bug or something else, Fresh Ubuntu
Server intallation with php5-fpm, using cherokee from ppa.

$ curl http://192.168.1.254/wiki/index.php
<?php
/**
* Forwarder to doku.php