time at all.
I'm impressed so far :)

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings
Re: Issue 1 in cherokee: It ought to be the best web server [ In reply to ]
Comment #9 on issue 1 by amoiz.sh...@gmail.com: It ought to be the best web
server
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1

awesome server!!!

Re: Issue 1 in cherokee: It ought to be the best web server [ In reply to ]
Comment #10 on issue 1 by anonsph...@gmail.com: It ought to be the best web
server
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1

I started to revert my servers back to apache2 and nginx. One year ago,
cherokee was a really interesting project, but as even critical, high and
medium bugs are not fixed anymore, it makes no sense to recommend or even
use it further in a production environment.

Last update is now 8 month old and your webserver has just become unusable,
especially for the german market with > 40 % firefox users. There are big
lags since FF10, there are ssl problems, there are still problems with
cookies > 4kb and after using cherokee for one and a half year now, my
personal vote has gone down from "full of expectations" to "just annoying".

Meanwhile the documentation is totally outdated, there are no new features
like spdy or e. g. the accelerated upload support I suggested 1 year ago,
where nobody even had the time to comment on it. I think, it does not seem
as anybody is interested in making cherokee better anymore.

It makes me really sad to say it, because I was one of you biggest fans,
but I think the best time for cherokee is over. Thanks for your work and
bye!

Re: Issue 1 in cherokee: It ought to be the best web server [ In reply to ]
Comment #11 on issue 1 by ste...@konink.de: It ought to be the best web
server
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1

Did you see our github project?

Re: Issue 1 in cherokee: It ought to be the best web server [ In reply to ]
Comment #12 on issue 1 by anonsph...@gmail.com: It ought to be the best web
server
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1

Yes, I did.

Re: Issue 1 in cherokee: It ought to be the best web server [ In reply to ]
Comment #13 on issue 1 by ste...@konink.de: It ought to be the best web
server
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1

If you did, then your claim that the last update is 8 months can't be true.
Since less than a month ago it was announced that the SSL n-1 and
false-start problems were solved. I would like to point out that spdy
development has started, which was also announced on the mailinglist. I
have not see accelerated update methods, so could you please point me at
that?

Regarding to 4kb cookies. I think such numbers are rather big, especially
for mobile appliances. But lets see what we can do, in anyway: sending in
patches or qa-tests, help more than complain.

Re: Issue 1 in cherokee: It ought to be the best web server [ In reply to ]
Comment #14 on issue 1 by anonsph...@gmail.com: It ought to be the best web
server
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1

Oh you mean qa like there =>
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=27 or there
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1287? I commented and
never heard of it again. The Accelerated upload support is this ticket
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1231. Also written and
never heard of again. Not even, if it is interesting enough to add it on
the list. Two minor bugs written weren't even confirmed.

The problem is not, that 4 kb cookies are not received or send correctly.
The problem is, that if you set a cookie this size in accident the user
only sees a 500 message and will never come back. If the SSL problems are
fixed, why didn't you release a new version? The last official release is 8
month old. And if you think, the new version wasn't tested enough … worst
than broken is impossible.