Mailing List Archive

Issue 1344 in cherokee: Cherokee-Admin requires internet access
Owner: ----

New issue 1344 by dog...@gmail.com: Cherokee-Admin requires internet access
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1344

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.# cherokee-admin -b x.x.x.x -u -x

Browsing to x.x.x.x:9090 should load the admin page. Instead, the debug
trace shows:
# cherokee-admin -u -b x.x.x.x -x
[24/02/2012 15:52:29.417] (warning) rrd_tools.c:121 - Could not find the
rrdtool binary. | A custom rrdtool binary has not been defined, and the
server could not find one in the $PATH.

Cherokee Web Server 1.2.101 (Oct 19 2011): Listening on port x.x.x.x:9090,
TLS disabled, IPv6 enabled, using epoll, 4096 fds system limit, max. 2041
connections, 4 threads, 510 connections per thread, standard scheduling
policy

Web Interface:

DEBUG: SIGUSR1 invokes the console..
SIGUSR2 prints a backtrace..
Server 1.2.101 running.. PID=2500 Port=4000
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function thread_func at 0x1ab1a28>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/cherokee/admin/server.py", line 139, in thread_func
index = market.Distro.Index()
File "/usr/share/cherokee/admin/market/Distro.py", line 51, in Index
global_index = Index_Class()
File "/usr/share/cherokee/admin/market/Distro.py", line 117, in __init__
self.Update()
File "/usr/share/cherokee/admin/market/Distro.py", line 122, in Update
local_file = cached_download (self.url)
File "/usr/share/cherokee/admin/market/Distro.py", line 85, in
cached_download
stream = opener.open (request, timeout=10)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 391, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 409, in _open
'_open', req)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1190, in http_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1165, in do_open
raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name
resolution

^CCherokee-admin is exiting..

1.2.101 (EPEL) on CentOS 6.2

Cherokee-admin appears to be making a call out to
http://www.cherokee-project.com/download/distribution/index.py.gz which
fails as the network here does not allow web servers access to the
internet. This causes the admin page to fail and never load. Whilst this
may be able to be proxied, it's unlikely that change would get approved!

Cherokee-admin should not completely fail if it cannot load whatever that
URL is..

Re: Issue 1344 in cherokee: Cherokee-Admin requires internet access [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium Component-Admin Usability
Milestone-Stable

Comment #1 on issue 1344 by ste...@konink.de: Cherokee-Admin requires
internet access
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1344

I think remote services should get disabled if internet is not available.

Re: Issue 1344 in cherokee: Cherokee-Admin requires internet access [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 1344 by mehmetal...@gmail.com: Cherokee-Admin requires
internet access
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1344

Needs review.

Attachments:
market.diff 4.1 KB

Re: Issue 1344 in cherokee: Cherokee-Admin requires internet access [ In reply to ]
Comment #3 on issue 1344 by mehmetal...@gmail.com: Cherokee-Admin requires
internet access
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1344

Hi.

I'm not python developer but i tried to disable market when no connection
available.

I notice OWS_RPC placed at separated files. I move this variable to
market/ows_consts.py but i had to use sys.path.append and pigmej noticed it
isn't a good way. how could it be?

i used urllib2 to check OWS_RPC but it is give same errors but it will
disable remote connection's stuff.

if is there any better way to determine connection status we should change
to it

Attachments:
market.diff 5.8 KB

Re: Issue 1344 in cherokee: Cherokee-Admin requires internet access [ In reply to ]
Comment #4 on issue 1344 by mehmetal...@gmail.com: Cherokee-Admin requires
internet access
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1344

Hi.

I'm not python developer but i tried to disable market when no connection
available.

I notice OWS_RPC placed at separated files. I move this variable to
market/ows_consts.py but i had to use sys.path.append and pigmej noticed it
isn't a good way. how could it be?

i used urllib2 to check OWS_RPC but it gives same errors but it will

Re: Issue 1344 in cherokee: Cherokee-Admin requires internet access [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 1344 by ste...@konink.de: Cherokee-Admin requires
internet access
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1344

The cherokee market will be removed. I'll close this issue.