Mailing List Archive

Issue 1341 in cherokee: Can't use two variables on the dynamic hosts section
Owner: ----

New issue 1341 by ren...@woralelandia.com: Can't use two variables on the
dynamic hosts section
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1341

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Set up some vServer
2. Enable dynamic virtual hosting
3. Put something like:

/var/www/zendframework/${root_domain}/${subdomain1}/public
/var/www/zendframework/example.tld/${subdomain1}/${subdomain2}/public

This should just work. It enables a lot of interesting stuff. It simply
doesn't work.

1.2.101

This kind of functionality would enable me to configure everything under
/var/www/zendframework in some way; providing me maximum flexibility when
it comes to dynamically finding the document root; not only on a dev
environment but on production as well.

Picture this:

/var/www/cake
/var/www/codeigniter
/var/www/django
/var/www/drupal
/var/www/html
/var/www/mediawiki
/var/www/php
/var/www/plone
/var/www/rails
/var/www/wordpress
/var/www/zendframework

Wouldn't be nice to be able to just start a project on any of those and
have cherokee, already, preconfigured?

Just zf create project /var/www/zendframework/project.tld/default

Re: Issue 1341 in cherokee: Can't use two variables on the dynamic hosts section [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium Milestone-Stable Component-Logic
Usability

Comment #1 on issue 1341 by ste...@konink.de: Can't use two variables on
the dynamic hosts section
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1341

I have seen this problems before, so I guess (without checking it) you have
a point. Should be fixed indeed.

Re: Issue 1341 in cherokee: Can't use two variables on the dynamic hosts section [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 1341 by renich@woralelandia.com: Can't use two
variables on the dynamic hosts section
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1341

Ah, great! And I thought the project was abandoned. ;)

Re: Issue 1341 in cherokee: Can't use two variables on the dynamic hosts section [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #3 on issue 1341 by ste...@konink.de: Can't use two variables on
the dynamic hosts section
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1341

The point is that your example is actually in QA test 224, so it is
actually checked. I have explitly added your two examples as two new QA
tests. Which also succeed. So it might be something else, if you know
what... please reopen...

from base import *

MAGIC = '<a href="http://www.alobbs.com">Alvaro</a> tests QA #297.'
DOMAIN = '297-qa.users.example.com'

CONF = """
vserver!2970!nick = test0297
vserver!2970!match = rehost
vserver!2970!match!regex!1 = ^297-qa
vserver!2970!document_root = %s
vserver!2970!evhost = evhost
vserver!2970!evhost!tpl_document_root
= %s/${subdomain1}/${subdomain2}/public
vserver!2970!rule!1!match = default
vserver!2970!rule!1!handler = file
"""

class Test (TestBase):
def __init__ (self):
TestBase.__init__ (self, __file__)
self.name = "EVHost: ${subdomain1}/${subdomain2}"
self.request = "GET /file HTTP/1.1\r\n" +\
"Connection: Close\r\n" + \
"Host: %s\r\n" %(DOMAIN)
self.expected_error = 200
self.expected_content = MAGIC

def Prepare (self, www):
d1 = self.Mkdir (www, "test_297_general")
ev = self.Mkdir (www, "test_297_evhost")
d2 = self.Mkdir (ev, "%s/users/297-qa/public"%(ev))

self.WriteFile (d2, "file", 0444, MAGIC)
self.conf = CONF % (d1, ev)