Mailing List Archive

Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding
Owner: ----

New issue 954 by go.on.joe: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=954

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Install latest SVN r5373
2. Upload attached script
3. Call http://yourdomain.com/test.php -> Works in all browsers
4. Call https://yourdomain.com/test.php
-> In Firefox results in a blank page most of the time
5. Call https://yourdomain.com/test.php
-> In Google Chrome results in Error 100 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED):
Unknown Error
6. Call https://yourdomain.com/test.php
-> In Opera 10.6 works most of the time, but
sometimes cuts off a few bytes
7. Turn off "Chunked Encoding" or "Keep Alive"
and repeat 4 - 6. Everything will work fine even with ssl

In Firefox and Chrome with chunked encoding it works sometimes but not all
of the time. After Restart of cherokee it works a few times.

Debian Lenny
Linux version 2.6.33.3 (gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian 4.3.2-1.1))

# cherokee -V
Cherokee Web Server 1.0.8

OpenSSL> version
OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010

$ php5-cgi -v
PHP 5.3.3-0.dotdeb.0 with Suhosin-Patch (cgi-fcgi) (built: Jul 24 2010
04:49:23)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with Xdebug v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2010, by Derick Rethans
with Suhosin v0.9.32.1, Copyright (c) 2007-2010, by SektionEins GmbH

Attachments:
test.php 275 bytes

Re: Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Owner: alobbs
Labels: Type-Defect

Comment #1 on issue 954 by alobbs: Problem with

Re: Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 954 by alobbs: Problem with
ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=954

I cannot reproduce the issue. It always works for me at this end.
Do you have some other tip to reproduce it?

Re: Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding [ In reply to ]
Comment #3 on issue 954 by go.on.joe: Problem with
ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=954

I attached my config

Attachments:
cherokee.conf 35.5 KB

Re: Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding [ In reply to ]
Comment #4 on issue 954 by go.on.joe: Problem with
ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=954

Oh, and I use a startssl shared cert if this is important.

Re: Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding [ In reply to ]
Comment #5 on issue 954 by i...@cmsfruit.com: Problem with
ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=954

I am also experiencing the same issue.... I have confirmed that when I turn
off chunk encoding then everything loads fine with HTTPS... but if I enable
chunk encoding then images and javascript fail to load or load partially
intermittently only in HTTPS mode, and sometimes I get blank pages.
Everything works fine in HTTP.

Re: Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding [ In reply to ]
Comment #6 on issue 954 by i...@cmsfruit.com: Problem with
ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=954

I forgot to mention that I am using the latest version v1.0.9

Re: Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding [ In reply to ]
Comment #7 on issue 954 by toyowheelin: Problem with
ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=954

Using Cherokee 1.0.14 this problem is still present.

Re: Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Labels: Priority-High Component-Logic Usability

Comment #8 on issue 954 by ste...@konink.de: Problem with

Re: Issue 954 in cherokee: Problem with ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding [ In reply to ]
Comment #9 on issue 954 by sylvain....@gmail.com: Problem with
ssl/keep-alive/chunked-encoding
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=954

I have the same problem with 1.0.18.

If I use FF3.6, FF4beta10 it's a blank page. With IE8, it's a browser
error. With Chromium (8.0.552.237 (70801) Ubuntu 10.04), it works.

With curl, I can do:

curl -v https://www.SITE.com/ and it returns the main page.

Here is the header:

> GET / HTTP/1.1