randomly causing the application to hang randomly. With keepalive disabled,
the problems
disappear and the application runs fine.

Issue 587 in cherokee: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive broken [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium OpSys-All Component-Logic Usability

Comment #1 on issue 587 by ste...@konink.de: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive
broken
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=587

Issue 587 in cherokee: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive broken [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 587 by alobbs: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive broken
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=587

When you said you disabled keep-alive, did you mean on Cherokee?

I'm just guessing here, but.. did you try to increase the global keep-alive
limit
value in Cherokee? The browser-web server connection might be closed by the
server
when it detects a timeout (and the reverse proxy might have had nothing to
do with it).

Issue 587 in cherokee: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive broken [ In reply to ]
Comment #3 on issue 587 by ste...@konink.de: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive
broken
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=587

In this case ment the keep-alive connection to the backend server.

Issue 587 in cherokee: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive broken [ In reply to ]
Comment #4 on issue 587 by praseodym: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive broken
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=587

I disabled the backend keepalive function; after this things started to
work normally. I'll check if increasing the
global limit helps (would actually be nice if there would be a separate
backend keepalive limit)

Re: Issue 587 in cherokee: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive broken [ In reply to ]
Comment #5 on issue 587 by alobbs: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive broken
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=587

Many changes have been made since this bug was logged almost three years
ago. I do not believe the bug exists any longer, although I'd like to
ensure it before closing the bug. Is it working with on Cherokee 1.2.x?

Re: Issue 587 in cherokee: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive broken [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #6 on issue 587 by ste...@konink.de: HTTP reverse proxy keepalive
broken
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=587

I think we can safely close this bug, please reopen it if you can still
reproduce it with the most recent stable code.