providing more support to Perl/Catalyst than others?

Thanks,
Luca

Re: [OT] catalyst hosting [ In reply to ]
Are you asking for shared hosting? I just love linode and will recommend
those guys

Re: [OT] catalyst hosting [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Dimitar Petrov <mitakaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you asking for shared hosting?

Yes

> I just love linode and will recommend
> those guys

I was not aware of this service, I will give a look.

Thanks,
Luca

Re: [OT] catalyst hosting [ In reply to ]
Hi Luca,

With Catalyst and Plack it's quite easy now to get hosting. You can host
with anyone as long as you can run the catalyst app on a high port and have
a web server (apache, nginx, etc) with proxy or FastCGI support that can
connect to your catalyst app. I'm a fan of Linode and DigitalOcean.

Thanks,
Drew

Re: [OT] catalyst hosting [ In reply to ]
24 de fevereiro de 2015 às 09:43, "Luca Ferrari" escreveu:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Dimitar Petrov wrote:
>> Are you asking for shared hosting?
>>
> Yes

Neither Linode nor DigitalOcean are shared hosting. I'm a big fan of them too, and I also recommend them, but they are VPS providers, which is very different from shared hosting.

Shared hosting is like Hostmonster, GoDaddy, etc, and they are not well suited to host Catalyst applications.

Besides DigitalOcean and Linode, I have hosted Catalyst apps in Heroku, and it's very good too! It's a great option if you don't want to set up a complete Linux server, as you would do with a VPS.

Cheers!