Mailing List Archive

Re: About Virtual Machine
Dear all,

Is there anyone that can help me about this issue?
Also, why do we have to use wmware for catalyst?

Re: About Virtual Machine [ In reply to ]
There is an image for your convenience to work through the tutorial.

It isn't required though.

jb

Re: About Virtual Machine [ In reply to ]
Hello,

To make things less confusing I suggest you to use virtualbox instead of
vmware, you can download it from,
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

If you're not familiar with virtual machines, I suggest you to learn
Catalyst without installing one at all, Catalyst can be installed on your
own PC without a virtual machine.

*"NOTE: You can use any Perl-supported OS and environment to run Catalyst.*
It should make little or no difference to Catalyst's operation, *but this
tutorial has been written using the Debian-based Tutorial Virtual Machine*
that you can download and use to work through the full tutorial step by
step."

So a virtual machine is not required to get you started with Catalyst.

You may also check other sources for a quick start, try
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/introduction-application-development-catalyst-and-perl

a bit old but should give you a simpler starting point with catalyst

Re: About Virtual Machine [ In reply to ]
Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you very much for help
Infact I had already installed Catalyst to my pc but despite this I thouht
that I had to install wm.
After your mail I wrote following to terminal

*catalyst.pl <http://catalyst.pl> FirstApp*

and it created all directories :) This is awesome.