of the here documents)

Of course there is also a negative point:
- this adds Template to the list of needed modules

Furthermore I would like to have a config file for the helper scripts
which include custom settings that remain after upgrading Catalyst.

What do you think?

Good bye,
Uwe
change helper scripts to use TT? [ In reply to ]
Am 01.04.2005 um 13:16 schrieb Uwe Voelker:

> Hello,
>
> Catalyst 5 is changing a lot of things - why not change the helper
> scripts too? :-)
>
> The module Catalyst::Helper could use TT2 templates instead of here
> documents. The good points would be:
> + easier development
> + better customization (for example I could use my own - slightly
> modified - templates which already contain the correct author name and
> so on, or use different httpd.conf snippet)
> + better pod output for Catalyst::Helper (now it also contains the pod
> of the here documents)
>
> Of course there is also a negative point:
> - this adds Template to the list of needed modules
>
> Furthermore I would like to have a config file for the helper scripts
> which include custom settings that remain after upgrading Catalyst.
>

> What do you think?

It's really a hard decision, there are equally as much TT2 people as
Mason ones...

--
sebastian
change helper scripts to use TT? [ In reply to ]
Am 01.04.2005 um 13:49 schrieb Sebastian Riedel:

> Am 01.04.2005 um 13:16 schrieb Uwe Voelker:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Catalyst 5 is changing a lot of things - why not change the helper
>> scripts too? :-)
>>
>> The module Catalyst::Helper could use TT2 templates instead of here
>> documents. The good points would be:
>> + easier development
>> + better customization (for example I could use my own - slightly
>> modified - templates which already contain the correct author name
>> and so on, or use different httpd.conf snippet)
>> + better pod output for Catalyst::Helper (now it also contains the
>> pod of the here documents)
>>
>> Of course there is also a negative point:
>> - this adds Template to the list of needed modules
>>
>> Furthermore I would like to have a config file for the helper scripts
>> which include custom settings that remain after upgrading Catalyst.
>>

>> What do you think?

And you're free to release your own helper modules with TT2
dependency....

--
sebastian
change helper scripts to use TT? [ In reply to ]
> It's really a hard decision, there are equally as much TT2 people as
> Mason ones...

Yes, and maintainig two versions of the templates (here doc and tt2)
makes currently no sense.

But the following might be possible:
Using TT2 for development and before making an release converting the
templates into a perl-script. Of course we should ship the templates so
users can make their own adjustments.
I think TT2 is capable of generating a perl-script out of an template
(this is what caching does). But I'm not too sure.

Uwe
change helper scripts to use TT? [ In reply to ]
> And you're free to release your own helper modules with TT2 dependency....

As Catalyst is developing so fast, I would always have to integrate your
changes.

This is an option when Catalyst has become stable.

Uwe
change helper scripts to use TT? [ In reply to ]
Am 01.04.2005 um 13:55 schrieb Uwe Voelker:

>> And you're free to release your own helper modules with TT2
>> dependency....
>
> As Catalyst is developing so fast, I would always have to integrate
> your changes.
>
> This is an option when Catalyst has become stable.

The helper API is quite good, and there are no plans to change it.

--
sebastian
change helper scripts to use TT? [ In reply to ]
Hello Sebastian,

> The helper API is quite good, and there are no plans to change it.

Yes, but the helper generate code which uses the Catalyst API.

Uwe
change helper scripts to use TT? [ In reply to ]
Am 02.04.2005 um 08:21 schrieb Uwe Voelker:

> Hello Sebastian,
>
>> The helper API is quite good, and there are no plans to change it.
>
> Yes, but the helper generate code which uses the Catalyst API.

???

--
sebastian