e: chisel@herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

"This is not the greatest sig in the world, no, this is just a tribute."
Getting Started [ In reply to ]
Am 06.04.2005 um 23:49 schrieb Chisel Wright:

> Where's the best place to look for a slightly more extended tutorial
> than the one that comes with catalyst.
>
> I've used catalyst.pl to create an app, and even had single lines of
> text displayed in my browser after running server.pl.
>
> Then I kinda get confused and lost.
>
> I created a view class using TT (not what I want to use in the long
> run,
> but I have to start somewhere), and a model using postgres, I just
> can't
> see how to tie them together to make something that populates templates
> from database table(s).

You mean accessing tables from templates? not storing templates in the
db?

The glue is $c->stash.

$c->stash->{foo} = MyApp::M::CDBI::Table->search(...);

[% foo.first.somefield %]

Cat is quite young, so most apps are still in development. ;)

MojoMojo:
http://maypole.perl.org/repos/mojomojo/trunk

MiniMojo (already uses unreleased Catalyst 5)
http://files.oook.de/MiniMojo.tar.gz

--
sebastian
Getting Started [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 12:10:51AM +0200, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> You mean accessing tables from templates? not storing templates in the
> db?

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't clear. Lucky you knew what I meant. You must be
Perl :)

> The glue is $c->stash.
>
> $c->stash->{foo} = MyApp::M::CDBI::Table->search(...);
>
> [% foo.first.somefield %]

Cool

> Cat is quite young, so most apps are still in development. ;)

Yeah, I'm aware it's quite young still, and pleased at how much
documentation there actually is, and how clean and well thought out
things feel.

> MojoMojo:
> http://maypole.perl.org/repos/mojomojo/trunk
>
> MiniMojo (already uses unreleased Catalyst 5)
> http://files.oook.de/MiniMojo.tar.gz

Sweet, I'll poke this and drag it to my laptop for investigation on the
train.

Thanks,

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright

Getting Started [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 12:10:51AM +0200, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> MojoMojo:
> http://maypole.perl.org/repos/mojomojo/trunk

Should it be possible to svn checkout the trunk?

Tweaking http://maypole.perl.org/?Download I tried:

chisel@ferrari tmp $ svn checkout
http://maypole.perl.org/repos/mojomojo/trunk mojomojo
svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/mojomojo/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/repos/mojomojo/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://maypole.perl.org)

The command on the page fails the same way too. I was hoping to grab
this for offline perusal.

wget -r is no help either...

Getting Started [ In reply to ]
hi Chisel.
This works fine for me:
svn co http://maypole.perl.org/repos/mojomojo/trunk mojomojo

Maybe something wrong with your svn installation?

Marcus