Apparently the first thing newcomers do when trying to get a config
value in some other component is to access the config directly.

I had troubles myself getting this to work. Yesterday rainboxx in
#catalyst had the same problem.
This little doc patch might help the next one to figure it out a little faster.

rainboxx said he will take care of applying the patch (thanks)

Sincerely
david
Re: get config value with Moose attrs [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Am 15.06.2010 um 10:03 schrieb David Schmidt:

> Apparently the first thing newcomers do when trying to get a config
> value in some other component is to access the config directly.
>
> I had troubles myself getting this to work. Yesterday rainboxx in
> #catalyst had the same problem.

in fact I was trying to find out how to access the components config more often, but yesterday I wanted to get that solved ;-).

> This little doc patch might help the next one to figure it out a little faster.
>
> rainboxx said he will take care of applying the patch (thanks)

It is applied as branch "docpatch_component_config" (as mentioned in IRC, too).

Thanks,
Matthias

--
rainboxx Software Engineering
Matthias Dietrich

rainboxx Matthias Dietrich | Phone: +49 7141 / 2 39 14 71
Königsallee 43 | Fax : +49 3222 / 1 47 63 00
71638 Ludwigsburg | Mobil: +49 151 / 50 60 78 64

CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/~mdietrich/
XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Dietrich18
GULP: http://www.gulp.de/profil/rainboxx.html

Re: get config value with Moose attrs [ In reply to ]
As a rule sane doc patches can go straight into trunk. Us mere documenters lack the merge skills to deal with branches ;-)

Re: get config value with Moose attrs [ In reply to ]
Kieren,

Am 17.06.2010 um 02:24 schrieb Kieren Diment:

> As a rule sane doc patches can go straight into trunk. Us mere documenters lack the merge skills to deal with branches ;-)

they said to the question "Commit it trunk or make a branch?" on IRC: "If in doubt, make a branch". That's what I made ;-). But later on I committed in trunk and deleted the branch, because someone else told me to do so while committing one more doc patch.

So everything is done on this topic, no more need to merge :-).

Thanks,
Matthias

P.S.: Good to see you came home and are alive after GPW ;-)