I think the patch to the POD reflects the preferred usage. My local tests suggest that it works, but I am still a Catalyst (and FormFu) newbie.

-Del

p.s. - Apologies in advance for the HTML email; I think that otherwise Thunderbird, my MUA, will inline the patch instead of marking it as an attachment.
Re: Suggested patch to Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::AdvancedCRUD::FormFu [ In reply to ]
Del Merritt wrote:
Dear Catalyst developers -

Attached is a patch that updates Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::AdvancedCRUD::FormFu. I had noticed that both
$form->save_to_model($book) and
$form->defaults_from_model($book)
generated warnings, and that alternatives should be used. E.g.:
save_to_model() method deprecated and is provided for compatibility only, and will be removed: use $form->model->update() instead
I think the patch to the POD reflects the preferred usage. My local tests suggest that it works, but I am still a Catalyst (and FormFu) newbie.

Oops - please disregard that patch, and use this one instead. Sloppy of me; sorry!

-Del
Re: Suggested patch to Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::AdvancedCRUD::FormFu [ In reply to ]

> Oops - please disregard that patch, and use this one instead.
> Sloppy of me; sorry!

Happens to the best of us.

Thanks for the patch, applied as:

http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/Catalyst/revision?rev=9232