Mailing List Archive

Catalyst::Plugin::Session - please help test new release.
Hiya

There have been some fairly major changes to the way that the session
code is structured recently.

This work, by Sergio Salvi, changes where the session plugin hooks
into the request cycle to remove a race condition, and changes the
storage of the flash to be within the normal session data.

I'm reasonably sure that it's all working as expected, but I want to
get as much testing as possible before pushing up a release which
will install by default for people to reduce the possibility of it
causing issues for anybody.

To that end, I've pushed a dev release up to CPAN:

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/B/BO/BOBTFISH/Catalyst-Plugin-
Session-0.19_01.tar.gz

I'm going to perform some smoke testing of the other session store
and credential plugins, but we also need some real testing on
people's real applications.

Therefore, please please please download and test this dev release
with _your_ applications, and let us know if it works as expected in
your environment.

Thanks in advance
t0m

Re: Catalyst::Plugin::Session - please help test new release. [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish@bobtfish.net> wrote:
> Hiya
>
> There have been some fairly major changes to the way that the session code
> is structured recently.
>
> This work, by Sergio Salvi, changes where the session plugin hooks into the
> request cycle to remove a race condition, and changes the storage of the
> flash to be within the normal session data.
>
> I'm reasonably sure that it's all working as expected, but I want to get as
> much testing as possible before pushing up a release which will install by
> default for people to reduce the possibility of it causing issues for
> anybody.
>
> To that end, I've pushed a dev release up to CPAN:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/B/BO/BOBTFISH/Catalyst-Plugin-Session-0.19_01.tar.gz
>
> I'm going to perform some smoke testing of the other session store and
> credential plugins, but we also need some real testing on people's real
> applications.
>
> Therefore, please please please download and test this dev release with
> _your_ applications, and let us know if it works as expected in your
> environment.
>
> Thanks in advance
> t0m

I've been running the release from SVN with both the patches, and it
has been working splendidly. I was getting the race condition errors
on MySQL as well (about 2 a day) and it has resolved those.

-J