Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Re: [Bricolage-Devel] permission setup in bric
On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 08:32, Murray, Rachel wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Playing around with permissions, and set up a Story Editor user, with
> Current Groups set to Story Editors only. Then I went into groups, and
> edited the permissions for the Story Editor. I gave the group the ability
> to edit Media, Story and Template. The ability to edit all categories.
> Denied access to members of any group.
>
> When I logged out as myself, and logged in as 'storyeditor', the only item
> on my left nav that were viewable was ADMIN, and I couldn't change anything
> there.
>
> Any idea:
>
> a. what I'm doing wrong, or
> b. if I'm not doing something wrong, what will need to get done to resolve
> this problem?

Hi Rachel,

I'm moving this over to the general list, since it's more of a use
question than a development question.

IIRC, you need to grant permissions in your Story Editors group to the
workflows you want your story editors to see. A fairly recent change to
Bricolage made is so that you can control what workflows show up in a
user's browser by tweaking the permissions. So although members of your
current Story Editors group have permission to create assets, they don't
have permission to access any workflows where they can actually do that.

So grant some permissions on workflows, and see if that helps.

HTH,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory