Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Problems with add template
Hi all,

I've installed Bricolage (tried both 1.50 and 1.46) and I'm having a
problem creating templates.

As far as I understand, first you create the required element types and
then you create and associate a template with each element that you wish
to display.

So we're trying to create a template to go with the Story element. I've
clicked Template -> New Template
left all of those values as default and clicked Next.
I've then selected Story as the Element (I've also tried Book Profile),
File Type: Mason Component (.mc) and clicked Create.

I then get the following error:

Error processing Mason elements.

Can't locate object method "get_msg" via package
"HTML::Mason::Exception" at
/usr/local/bricolage/comp/widgets/tmpl_prof/callback.mc line 448.

I can't find anything about this on Google, so any help would be
appreciated :)

--
Wayne Pascoe
A good sysadmin always carries around a few feet of
Re: [Bricolage-General] Problems with add template [ In reply to ]
On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 04:42 AM,
bricolage@penguinpowered.org.uk wrote:

> So we're trying to create a template to go with the Story element. I've
> clicked Template -> New Template
> left all of those values as default and clicked Next.
> I've then selected Story as the Element (I've also tried Book Profile),
> File Type: Mason Component (.mc) and clicked Create.
>
> I then get the following error:
>
> Error processing Mason elements.
>
> Can't locate object method "get_msg" via package
> "HTML::Mason::Exception" at
> /usr/local/bricolage/comp/widgets/tmpl_prof/callback.mc line 448.
>
> I can't find anything about this on Google, so any help would be
> appreciated :)

Well, you're trying to create a template that already exists. Go to
Find Templates and find the story.mc template in the root category in
the web output channel.

But this is a bug. It looks like Mason 1.1x is not respecting a
Bricolage exception; it's replacing it with it's own. I'll file a bug
report and look into this shortly.

Regards,

David

--