Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] setsockopt: (SO_ACCEPTFILTER)
> [info] (2)No such file or directory: make_sock: for port 8080,
> setsockopt: (SO_ACCEPTFILTER)

I seem to have solved this one; see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#acceptfilter

However, Bricolage still complains about cookies, the login popup is empty,
and now Safari will hang. :(

I think I'll try 1.5 just for chuckles.
--
- Vicki

Vicki Brown ZZZ Journeyman Sourceror:
P.O. Box 1269 zz |\ _,,,---,,_ Scripts & Philtres
San Bruno, CA zz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Perl, Unix, MacOS
94066 USA |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
mailto:vlb@cfcl.com '---''(_/--' `-'\_) http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb

Re: [Bricolage-General] setsockopt: (SO_ACCEPTFILTER) [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 02:45 PM, Vicki Brown wrote:

> I seem to have solved this one; see
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#acceptfilter

Wonder what that's for?

> However, Bricolage still complains about cookies, the login popup is
> empty,
> and now Safari will hang. :(

The cookies complaint is just what happens when you haven't
authenticated. I should actually remove those, since they're not
actually errors.

> I think I'll try 1.5 just for chuckles.

You *do* have mod_perl statically compiled into Apache, right?

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@kineticode.com ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] setsockopt: (SO_ACCEPTFILTER) [ In reply to ]
At 15:06 -0800 2003-02-18, David Wheeler wrote:
>On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 02:45 PM, Vicki Brown wrote:
>
>> I seem to have solved this one; see
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#acceptfilter
>
>Wonder what that's for?

The person who told me about it says it's "an interesting hack that allows
you to defer the result of accept() until something has happened; the most
common use is to wait until an entire HTTP request is in the socket buffer
before
letting a user-space web server know that there's a new client." It also
appears to be FreeBSD specific and compiled in by default with Apache 1.3.22
and higher.

Beyond that, it seems to be a nuisance :)

>You *do* have mod_perl statically compiled into Apache, right?

According to /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
I have _everything_ compiled in staticly and don't support DSOs at all.
Maybe I went too far?

Re: [Bricolage-General] setsockopt: (SO_ACCEPTFILTER) [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 06:30 PM, Vicki Brown wrote:

> According to /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
> I have _everything_ compiled in staticly and don't support DSOs at all.
> Maybe I went too far?

Only mod_perl is required to be static, AFAIK.

David