Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Recommended Distribution
I understand the issues with Redhat 8.0 and Apache 2x. Which version of
RedHat Linux has the least amount of problems running Bricolage.. ie.
Compatible RPMS with distribution and compatible Perl Modules included? I'm
interested in working with the devel version.

Re: [Bricolage-General] Recommended Distribution [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 12:34 PM, Hopstein, Dean wrote:

> I understand the issues with Redhat 8.0 and Apache 2x. Which version of
> RedHat Linux has the least amount of problems running Bricolage.. ie.
> Compatible RPMS with distribution and compatible Perl Modules
> included? I'm
> interested in working with the devel version.

Any RedHat distribution should be fine. Use the one that best suits
your security interests.

Finding the right RPMs is harder, because Bricolage requires that
mod_perl be statically compiled into Apache 1.3.2x, and not loadable as
a DSO. I have no idea if such RPMs are available. I thus generally
recommend that users compile Apache with mod_perl from source,
following the instructions in Bric::Admin/INSTALL.

But then, others likely know more about what RPMs are available for RH
than I do.

HTH,

David

--