Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Removal of content
I am scheduling content for deletion, and this is being reflected in the
'jobs' menu, but nothing ever happens. I have tried running bric_dist_mon
in both cron and forking modes. It identifies the content to be removed,
but that's it. What am I doing wrong?

On a related note, should content that is manually deleted also be removed
from the delivery server? I am running a separate apache instance for
delivery and my assumption (perhaps incorrect) is that removing something
from the Bricolage instance should also remove it from the delivery
server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Todd

Re: [Bricolage-General] Removal of content [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 09:32 AM, <todd@lightship.tv> wrote:

> I am scheduling content for deletion, and this is being reflected in
> the
> 'jobs' menu, but nothing ever happens. I have tried running
> bric_dist_mon
> in both cron and forking modes. It identifies the content to be
> removed,
> but that's it. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure. Did you schedule the content to be deleted some time in the
future? Is your system clock properly synchronized?

> On a related note, should content that is manually deleted also be
> removed
> from the delivery server? I am running a separate apache instance for
> delivery and my assumption (perhaps incorrect) is that removing
> something
> from the Bricolage instance should also remove it from the delivery
> server.

No, it won't remove it from the delivery server unless you expire it,
first.

HTH,

David

--