Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] removing and adding fields to an element (Bricolage 1.4.5)
I created an element (testpage) and added a field to it, called paragraph.
Unhappy with the specification of paragraph that I had included; I deleted
it. When I then tried to create a field called paragraph and add it again, I
received the error message: "An [sic] "paragraph" attribute already exists.
Please try another name."

This seems to happen whenever a field is deleted from an element. Is this a
feature? If so, is there some way to change the properties of a field once
it has been added? Or is this a bug, or a problem with my specific
installation?

Thanks

gh

Re: [Bricolage-General] removing and adding fields to an element (Bricolage 1.4.5) [ In reply to ]
On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 02:36 PM, Harrison, George (FSH) wrote:

> I created an element (testpage) and added a field to it, called
> paragraph.
> Unhappy with the specification of paragraph that I had included; I
> deleted
> it. When I then tried to create a field called paragraph and add it
> again, I
> received the error message: "An [sic] "paragraph" attribute already
> exists.
> Please try another name."
>
> This seems to happen whenever a field is deleted from an element. Is
> this a
> feature? If so, is there some way to change the properties of a field
> once
> it has been added? Or is this a bug, or a problem with my specific
> installation?

Feature. Elements cannot have the same name, even if they've been
deleted. This is because you might have older stories around that use
the old name, and still republish them to templates that use the old
name.

The solution is to give it a different name, but make the "Label" the
same. So you might have a name like "new_paragraph" and the label
"Paragraph".

HTH,

David

--