Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Bricolage and Salon
First off I just want to say I really like bricolage.
Ive been working with it in my spare time for the last
couple days and Im very impressed. I am not a perl
programmer, but I guess theres no time like the
present to start learning.

I read in the list archives that bricolage runs
salon.com I think an excellent way for people new to
bricolage, to learn bricolage, would be to work
through a site that is using it and try to disect how
they did it. So, on that note, would anyone like to
start analyzing salon.com to see if we can get a good
approximation of how their
templates/elements/components are setup?

If we could do this, I think it would be a giant leap
for people trying to learn bricolage. Also, I would be
happy to document the process to share with others.

Thanks all. Sandy

Re: [Bricolage-General] Bricolage and Salon [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 07:38 AM, Sandy R wrote:

> If we could do this, I think it would be a giant leap
> for people trying to learn bricolage. Also, I would be
> happy to document the process to share with others.

Salon actually uses a proof-of-concept system that predates Bricolage,
but a number of the concepts remain in-tact (although Salon's Covers
are designed completely differently than stories are). I'll pop a note
to their production manager asking him to join the list and help out.

Regards,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@wheeler.net ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] Bricolage and Salon [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 08:05 AM, Sandy R wrote:

>> are). I'll pop a note
>> to their production manager asking him to join the
>> list and help out.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> David
>>
> That would be fantastic!

He has now subscribed, so let the questions fly!

> Im very interested in
> learning how sites are using bricolage. How about
> about.com are they running bricolage? any other news
> style sites running bricolage that you know of?

Well, the About.com people can speak to that, as can the WHO folks and
DFA. I'm just finishing up a contract to get Macworld.com managed in
Bricolage. They expect to go live with their 2002 and all future
content on Monday.

Regards,

David