Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] error: access to / failed
what does the following message mean?

[Sun Nov 24 23:21:46 2002] [error] access to / failed for 207.214.70.22,
reason: No cookie found.

when I go to the URL I got at the end of installation of bricolage
(http://myhostname), it opens another windows that has login dialog, the
window I typed URL in has the location changed to 'about: blank'.

login works and gets me to admin (that's the only user for now)
environment (workflow?) but how do I get to content? or do I have to
create content first? Is that what the above message means?

(RTFM pointers appreciated)

TIA

erik

Re: [Bricolage-General] error: access to / failed [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Erik Steffl wrote:
> what does the following message mean?
>
> [Sun Nov 24 23:21:46 2002] [error] access to / failed for 207.214.70.22,
> reason: No cookie found.

Are you sitting down?
It means there was no cookie found. <grin>
It only happens the first time you start up.
(the error comes from lib/Bric/App/Auth.pm)

> login works and gets me to admin (that's the only user for now)
> environment (workflow?) but how do I get to content? or do I have to
> create content first? Is that what the above message means?

You create.

> (RTFM pointers appreciated)

'README' in the directory where you unpacked Bricolage
tells which docs to read.

Re: [Bricolage-General] error: access to / failed [ In reply to ]
On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 01:28 AM, Scott Lanning wrote:

> Are you sitting down?
> It means there was no cookie found. <grin>
> It only happens the first time you start up.
> (the error comes from lib/Bric/App/Auth.pm)

We talked a while back about removing those errors, since they're not
really errors. Perhaps we can send them to the access log instead, or
not log them at all. The reason we logged them in the first place was
so that you'd have a record when someone was trying to force their way
in, but it really makes no sense for that first "no cookie found"
message.

Thoughts?

David

--