well any tips are appreciated.

CHeers,

Bryan
Re: Test compile file mason code on virtual FTP / ssh [ In reply to ]
On Nov 3, 2012, at 9:51 AM, Bryan Carney <bryancarney@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a better way of checking for code validity for a
> particular template in a bricolage installation without needing to paste &
> try to save in the web interface?
>
> I spend a lot of time writing in other editors, then pasting over to the
> template file in a browser & back when it tries to save & returns errors
>
> If there were some way of checking a file against whatever is run from that
> web interface with the file in place that would be great -- even better if
> this could be looped into a syntax highlighter for some editor
>
> I'm doing this via virtual FTP .. if i'm barking up the wrong tree there as
> well any tips are appreciated.

Hrm. Maybe the FTP interface needs to be updated to validate the template file? I thought it did.

Anyway, if it doesn't reject when you try to save, there is, unfortunately, no other way than through the browser interface. :-(

David
Re: Test compile file mason code on virtual FTP / ssh [ In reply to ]
Perhaps it does reject it and I thought it was just the interface not
working -- in that case I wouldn't get any debugging info anyways though
right?

Thanks kindly

Bryan

Re: Test compile file mason code on virtual FTP / ssh [ In reply to ]
In my experience, it doesn't reject the save if there is an error.

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com