I can't figure out why. But it's repeatable.

Any hints?
Regards, Zdravko
Re: error on publishing [ In reply to ]
On Nov 14, 2011, at 10:31 PM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> Hi,
> sometimes I get the following error when attempting to publish a story:
>
> no value sent for required parameter 'obj'
> Stack:
> [/usr/local/bricolage/comp/autohandler:7]
>
> I can't figure out why. But it's repeatable.
>
> Any hints?

No. Does your autohandler look any different than this one?

https://github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage/blob/master/comp/autohandler

Is there no more stack?

How do you trigger this error?

Best,

David
Re: error on publishing [ In reply to ]

Re: error on publishing [ In reply to ]
Well, yes, there is:

Fault Class
HTML::Mason::Exception::Params
Description
invalid parameters were given to a method/function
Timestamp
2011-11-15 09:04:03.000000
Package
HTML::Mason::Commands
Filename
/usr/local/bricolage/comp/widgets/desk/desk_item.html
Line
132

Line 132 is:

# Grab the type name.
my $atid = $obj->get_element_type_id;
my $type = defined $atid ? $obj->get_element_name() : '';

The thing here seems to be that $atid exists, but $obj->get_element_name() still fails.
I've had a similar problem with some corrupted media document where workflow/profile/desk
failed to execute. But it was just one document. Here every story on this site, hits this
error on publishing. (remarkably it get's published, though).

Regards, Zdravko

--
Zdravko Balorda
Med.Over.Net

Tel.: +386 (0)1 520 50 50

Obiščite sistem zdravstvenih nasvetov Med.Over.Net
Re: error on publishing [ In reply to ]
Well, I tracked it down a bit:
This error occurs when a story is immadiately published after being
checked in, all in AJAX. Without refreshing the page.

Regards, Zdravko

Re: error on publishing [ In reply to ]
On Nov 15, 2011, at 6:36 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> Well, I tracked it down a bit:
> This error occurs when a story is immadiately published after being
> checked in, all in AJAX. Without refreshing the page.

Would you file a bug report, please? Unless you have a patch to send a pull request for, of course. :-)

Best,

David
Re: error on publishing [ In reply to ]
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2011, at 6:36 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:
>
>> Well, I tracked it down a bit:
>> This error occurs when a story is immadiately published after being
>> checked in, all in AJAX. Without refreshing the page.
>
> Would you file a bug report, please? Unless you have a patch to send a pull request for, of course. :-)

:) I've reported it. Unfortunately, it seems this error comes from this smart bricolage
GUI, hmmm, a bit too smart for me.

Regards, Zdravko