Ideally the answer would let a non-technical user to make these bulk edits, but all answers are gratefully received. I've built a few scripts which do something like this with bric_soap but they're not ideal...

Thanks,
Tom
Re: Bulk editing stories in Bricolage [ In reply to ]
On Sep 26, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Tom Ash wrote:

> Ideally the answer would let a non-technical user to make these bulk edits, but all answers are gratefully received. I've built a few scripts which do something like this with bric_soap but they're not ideal...

Alas, that's the only way to do it currently. You cannot bulk edit stories in the Bricolage UI. Sorry about that.

Best,

David
Re: Bulk editing stories in Bricolage [ In reply to ]
On 2011-09-27, at 7:58 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Tom Ash wrote:
>
>> Ideally the answer would let a non-technical user to make these bulk edits, but all answers are gratefully received. I've built a few scripts which do something like this with bric_soap but they're not ideal...
>
> Alas, that's the only way to do it currently. You cannot bulk edit stories in the Bricolage UI. Sorry about that.

There was once a script developed that would extract the main story attributes from Bricolage (using SOAP, IIRC) and would load them into a spreadsheet. From there, they could be edited and re-submitted to the script, which would update the stories.

These days, I would probably just pull the data out into a 'grid control' UI component (http://dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxGrid/index.shtml ) and handle the edits as they happen, running the soap commands in the background to save & publish the story, and pushing errors back to the UI.

If you look at Bricolite, that's basically what it's doing: https://github.com/gregheo/bricolite

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com

Re: Bulk editing stories in Bricolage [ In reply to ]
On 28 Sep 2011, at 01:40, Phillip Smith wrote:

> On 2011-09-27, at 7:58 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>
>> On Sep 26, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Tom Ash wrote:
>>
>>> Ideally the answer would let a non-technical user to make these bulk edits, but all answers are gratefully received. I've built a few scripts which do something like this with bric_soap but they're not ideal...
>>
>> Alas, that's the only way to do it currently. You cannot bulk edit stories in the Bricolage UI. Sorry about that.
>
> There was once a script developed that would extract the main story attributes from Bricolage (using SOAP, IIRC) and would load them into a spreadsheet. From there, they could be edited and re-submitted to the script, which would update the stories.

Thanks David and Phillip - could you point me to this script, if it'd still work?