Mailing List Archive

Diff no longer working
Until today, I've never had any problem with using the Diff feature in Bricolage (1.10.3). Now, for checked out stories, it returns you to the edit screen. For checked in stories, it seems to simply reloads the page with no Diff information.

Any thoughts?

Chris
RE: Diff no longer working [ In reply to ]
On a possibly related side note, PostgeSQL was not running this morning. The server was low on memory and I did see numerous "Apache::SizeLimit httpd process too big" errors.

Could I be looking at corrupt data???

Here are some possibly relevant lines from the error_log:

[Thu Sep 1 19:17:52 2011] (6390) Apache::SizeLimit httpd process too big, exiting at SIZE=325032 KB SHARE=3728 KB UNSHARED=321304 REQUESTS=9
4 LIFETIME=66923 seconds
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exite
d abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
[...]
[Fri Sep 2 11:10:03 2011] [error] Unable to connect to database: DBI connect('dbname=bric','bric',...) failed: no connection to the server\n
at /usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Util/DBI.pm line 1750\n
[Fri Sep 2 11:10:03 2011] [error] In addition, the database rollback failed: Unable to connect to database: DBI connect('dbname=bric','bric'
,...) failed: could not connect to server: No such file or directory\n\tIs the server running locally and accepting\n\tconnections on Unix do
main socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?\n at /usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Util/DBI.pm line 1750\n\n[/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Util/DBI.pm:1758
]\n[/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Util/DBI.pm:665]\n[/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/SOAP/Handler.pm:223]\n[/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/SOAP/
Handler.pm:197]\n

Re: Diff no longer working [ In reply to ]
On Sep 2, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Schults, Chris wrote:

> On a possibly related side note, PostgeSQL was not running this morning. The server was low on memory and I did see numerous "Apache::SizeLimit httpd process too big" errors.
>
> Could I be looking at corrupt data???

Unlikely.

> Here are some possibly relevant lines from the error_log:
>
> [Thu Sep 1 19:17:52 2011] (6390) Apache::SizeLimit httpd process too big, exiting at SIZE=325032 KB SHARE=3728 KB UNSHARED=321304 REQUESTS=9
> 4 LIFETIME=66923 seconds
> WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exite
> d abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

Do you have enough disk space in /tmp?

Best,

David
RE: Diff no longer working [ In reply to ]
> > Here are some possibly relevant lines from the error_log:
> >
> > [Thu Sep 1 19:17:52 2011] (6390) Apache::SizeLimit httpd process too
> big, exiting at SIZE=325032 KB SHARE=3728 KB UNSHARED=321304 REQUESTS=9
> > 4 LIFETIME=66923 seconds
> > WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server
> process
> > DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll
> back the current transaction and exit, because another server process
> exite
> > d abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
>
> Do you have enough disk space in /tmp?

Yes. We're only at 4%.

Chris